|Well worth the delay for 15.3|
We’re updating your TiVo box to enable some great new features
Your update will happen in the early hours one morning between 13th and 24th August. That’s the time we know you're least likely to be watching TV or recording shows, so we hope it won’t interrupt anything. We’ll let you know back here on 27th August to confirm we’ve updated your TiVo box.
Make sure your TiVo box is either turned on or in standby mode overnight during this time, since the update won't start until your box is next switched on. Instead of switching your TiVo box off at the mains every night, it’s best to just put it in standby. That way, any updates (including smaller ones we might not write to you about) can happen while you’re doing other things.
Most importantly, the update will take on average 30 minutes and you won’t be able to watch TV or use the box at all during this time.
If the update is interrupted by someone switching the TiVo box off, there is a small risk you could lose all your saved settings and recorded shows. So, it’s really, really important that you leave your box on and make sure everyone at home knows not to use it during that time.
Also, if you have any recordings planned for that particular time they won’t record.
ThanksBut what extra features are in the update? Well:
- Record and Reminders - Reminders, where even if you do miss the reminder pop-up, you still won't miss your show as TiVo will still record it for you.
- General stability updates for TiVo and interactive services
- HDMI connection reliability improvements – Some of you who've seen this issue should see a reduction in the number of invalid HDMI error messages.
- Global settings – You can now set default recording options for new single recordings, Series Links, and WishLists
- Streamlined Video On Demand Search – You can now find and play your favourite video on demand shows in a flash